Student Development and Welfare Event
Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Earn & Learn Scheme
Our College runs the Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Earn & Learn Scheme for needy students. This scheme is sponsored by the Board of Students’ Development, Savitribai Phule Pune University. Under this scheme students are helped financially by providing them opportunity to work at various labs and places like library, etc. and are paid for their services. Thus they help in the various tasks of the college and at the same time earn money for themselves.
Each year, we provide an opportunity for 20 to 25 students to work for the Earn & Learn Scheme during the academic year. Students learn professional skills and at the same time understand the value of money.
Activites of the Students’ Development Cell
Swachh Barat Abhiyaan
In coordination of the NSS Unit, the Cell runs the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, an initiative of the Government of India to spread the message of cleanliness in the society.
Nirbhay Kanya Abhiyaan
The Board of Students’ Development sponsors various events to be conducted for the metal and physical well being of girl students. Under Nirbhay Kanya Abhiyaan, various events are organized for girl students of the college.
Self Awareness for Girl Students
Experts: Dr. Rajendra More
Mrs. Amita Golande
Self Defence for Girl Students
By Mrs. Sheetal More
Laws for Women’s Protection
Interaction with Mr. Will Harris International Author and Trainer
Interaction with Mr. Sachin Asha subhash Lawyer and Social Worker, Samajbandh, NGO
Mind Training International Mind Training Institute
Motivational Talk by Mr. Raghavan Koli
Induction for SE Students
Report – SE Induction Programme, Date: 4th July 2019
On the 4th of July 2019, an induction programme for SE students was conducted, at the SB Patil Public School Auditorium. Dr. H. U. Tiwari Sir, addressed the students and parents about the current progress in the world and the country regarding science and technology. Dr. Sameer Savarkar addressed mainly parents, that it is very important to establish dialogue with their children. Prof. Vijay Navale addressed both the parents and students. He focussed on various topics of human and professional importance, like the relationship between parents and children, the importance of academics in the life of a student, etc.
Motivational Session by Mr. Raghavan Koli - 17th & 18th July 2019
On the 17th and 18th of July 2019, a series of sessions by motivational speaker Mr. Raghavan Koli was arranged for students of SE and TE for all departments. Mr. Raghavan Koli has been a motivational speaker, author, HR trainer, etc. He spoke about:
- Importance and place of engineering in society enrichment of life standards.
- The attitude an engineer should have.
- How to develop positive attitude and use every failure as an opportunity to develop something new.
- Importance of patents and intellectual property rights.
Report – Mind Education Training Session by IMEI Date: 30th September 2019
Session by International Mind Education Institute, South Korea
- The speakers interacted with students on topics of self confidence and self motivation
- They stressed the importance of balance between personal and professional life as well as responsibility as a member of the society.
- They stressed the importance of – you first rather than – me first for being a good leader.
Report – Sakal YIN Interaction by Sachin Ashasubhash Date: 30th September 2019
– As part of activities of the student development cell, we conducted, in collaboration with Sakal YIN initiative, an interaction with Mr. Sachin Ashasubhash. Mr. Sachin Ashasubhashhas been working in Women Hygeine, especially in Adivasi and rural areas. He runs an NGO – Samajbandh for training women volunteers in hygeine.
Motivational Session by Mr. Will Harris 27th February 2020
As part of activities of the student development cell, we conducted, a motivational session by Mr. Will Harris. Mr. Will Harris is an international author, consultant and motivational speaker. He works in social development all over the world in many countries.