About the Department
Civil Engineering plays a major role in development of any Nation, as the infrastructure development comes under Civil Engineering. A Civil Engineer can seek employmentin the public sector through competitive exams likes UPSC, MPSC, IES. Civil Engineers can register themselves as consultants or contractors with various public sector undertakings.Civil Engineers can seek excellent employment in large National and multi-National private companies. They can also themselves become job providers by becoming entrepreneurs and starting their own construction or consultancy companies.
The Civil Engineering Department at PCCOER has been established in the year 2014 and since then, has been making a steady and continuous progress. The Department works on Outcome Based Philosophy (OBE), in which,we focus and organize the entire programme and all the instructional efforts around theclearly defined outcomes that we want our students to demonstrate when they leave institute. We endeavor to deliver such contents and to exercise such pedagogies and assessment that our students achieve high order learning and mastery,instead of just accumulating credits.
Department runs a UG programme in Civil Engineering, which is a 4 years, 8 semesters full time programme. Department has adequate number of Faculty members and supporting staff, which is well qualified, experienced and dedicated. Department has spacious classrooms, a drawing hall, a concept room and project room, a research lab and 9 experimentation laboratories equipped with latest equipment which are used in field. The laboratories include;Engineering Mechanics lab,Environmental Engineering lab, Fluid Mechanics Lab, Geotechnical lab, Geology lab, Testing of Materials lab, Surveying lab, Transportation Engineering lab and Civil CAD lab.
Department provides the students with a strong fundamental, scientific and technical knowledge-base, multidisciplinary approach and critical thinking skills to serve as the foundation for lifelong learning in Civil Engineering career. Department makes the students competent inplanning, analyzing, designing, developing, organizing and managing Civil Engineering projects. Department also inculcates in students, professionalism, ethics, right attitude, effective communication skills, team work and an ability to identify social needs and provide Engineering solutions.
Vision of the Department:
To be the spearhead of Civil Engineering Education, imparting exhaustive know-how to create proficient and accomplished global technocrats.
Mission of the Department:
- M1: To upgrade continuously, to develop state-of-art laboratories and advanced computational facilities and be ever resourceful to disseminate contemporary knowledge.
- M2: To inculcate the zeal for research and innovation and to improve the quality of education and research.
- M3: To enforce rigorous appraisals so as to identify strengths and key competencies.
- M4: To enhance industry interaction to develop competent entrepreneurs and employable professionals.
- M5: To cultivate ethics, social awareness, soft-skills and appreciation for cultural diversity to evolve a truly global community.
Programme Educational Objectives of the Department:
- PEO1: To develop accomplished technocrats, who are competent to provide sustainable solutions to civilian issues.
- PEO2: To impart in-depth knowledge and develop meticulous skills and attitude in the aspirants so that they are capable of achieving a very rewarding occupation.
- PEO3: To instill research aptitude and innovation skills to succeed in competitive examinations for higher education.
Programme Specific Outcomes of the Department
- PSO1: Know the architectural, technical, social, cultural heritage of the nation, to remain connected to the roots of civilization and design the solutions which are based on ancient wisdom and modern technology.
- PSO2: Use contemporaneous software to find solutions to various engineering problems and become well-versed and skilled to face competitive examinations without qualms.
Department Achievements & Highlights
- Government consultancy in Transportation and Structural Engineering
- IIRS Outreach Programme, number of candidates trained: 344
- Internship of students in Pune Metro, Bengrulu Metro, Mumbai Metro: 208
- Active MoUs with Industry: 8
- Industrial Visit to NEERI and KrishnarajSagar Dam by Airways for 106 students
- 4 Successful passing out batches with 100% results
- SPPU Merit Rankers: 8 (provisional number)
- MPSC/IES successful candidates: 4
- MPSC prelim cracked candidates: 24
- Number of students placed in industry: 50
- Number of students pursuing higher education: 22
- Number of students turned Entrepreneur: 12
- Successful completion of NPTEL courses by students: 8
- Participation of Student in international conference: 1
- Victorious participation of students in inter-Institute events: 51
- Victorious participation of students as Team in inter-Institute sports : 21
- Number of faculties pursuing PhD: 5
- Chairman for SPPU Subjects: 2
- Paper Setter for SPPU Subjects: 4
- Paper-setters for external Institute: 6
- Member of Advisory Board of IISCM: 1
- Session Chair Faculty for International Conference: 1
- Session Chair Faculty for National Conference: 1
- Faculty Editor for International Journal: 1
- Examination Panelist for Government Institute: 1
- Fellowship of professional bodies by Faculty: 1
- Membership of professional bodies by Faculty: 10
- Books published by Faculty: 5
- Research articles published: 121
- Patents granted: 2, filed: 16
- Copyrights filed: 16
- Products developed: 14